Guide To Dining
Welcome to the Proctor Elementary
Proctor Elementary School dining services are managed by Fitz Vogt & Associates. Here at PES we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students, parents, and staff members.
Dining Hall Information and Policies
Dear Parent or Guardian,
FitzVogt, your new food service provider, is excited to be a part of your community. We look forward to preparing fun healthy choices for your student. We purchase local as much as possible and would value any opportunities you may have to enhance our program. We would love to meet you and encourage you to join your student for lunch! Please browse our website for monthly menus and other foodservice related information.
FitzVogt believes in choice, we all have different likes and dislikes. Your child can now choose from a variety of daily options:
- Chefs Choice- Main menu item for the day, featuring many of our favorite meals from Momma’s kitchen to kitchens around our diverse country and world.
- Little Italy- Assortment of Fresh Dough Pizza
- Hala Peno- Build your own Taco Salad, Burrito, Tacos, or Nacho Grande. Please be sure to look at the attached flyer for description.
- Deli- Freshly made subs, wraps and sandwiches to include vegetarian options and all of our favorite toppings.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable bars- installed at each school. Assorted meats and cheese will be available to build a fresh Chef Salad, Chicken Caesar or Garden & Cheese
- Fresh Made Smoothies- Made with Fresh Fruit and Yogurt pair it with Granola for a fully reimbursable breakfast or lunch meal.
Breakfast at your schools will include:
- Assorted Cereals, Fresh Pastries, Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits, Smoothies, Egg and other Breakfast Specialties.
Food Service Committee
The Food Service Committee welcomes your comments and suggestions concerning food service.
If you have any ideas about the Dining Hall or Meal Options, you may contact a committee member, drop a note in the suggestion box,email us a comment, or speak to the Food Service Director.
If you are interested in being a member of the committee contact the Food Service Director.
This is YOUR dining service and we are here to serve you! We appreciate your input and feedback to better meet your needs. You can make your voice heard through comment cards or just introduce yourself and tell us what you think.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have special dietary needs or food allergies please consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet your special needs.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Supporting Local Farms & Food
Fitz Vogt is a proud supporter of local agriculture and the Buy Local initiative.
The Rutland Area Farm and Food Link (RAFFL) is working to build a farm and food system that involves and benefits everyone in the Rutland region of Vermont.
Menus will be written seasonally with an emphasis on the use of fresh, local and regional ingredients. Our purchasing program has been developed with environmentally-sound sourcing policies in mind that include: humanely raised meat and eggs, rBGH-free dairy products, and the use of locally-grown produce.
The FSD is available to answer any nutritional or allergy-related questions. Fitz Vogt employs a full-time registered dietitian to address further concerns. The dining staff will make any reasonable accommodations for students with allergies. Identifiers are also placed in front of the meal selections to denote which allergens they may contain.